View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Snorelacks
Ready to get burned?

Location: In the hospital... My ankles were broken by Tony Parker.
Nature: Quirky
Listen to Alexial, she knows what she's talking about. I agree with her on everything in that review. I'm covering the Pokes she didn't.

QUOTE=Flare54;6754172]

Stoutland lvl100 Ability Sand rush
Crunch
giga Impact
Last resort
Surf
[/QUOTE]

First of all, it isn't really important to post the level of your Pokemon. We just assume that they're level 100.

If you really want to run a Last Resort set (which is pretty gimmicky) you might consider this, as special attacks are bad on Stoutland (which in itself is actually not a great Pokemon) and Giga Impact works badly with Last Resort, and it just works badly in general:

Stoutland @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Salac Berry
Nature: Adamant/Jolly (Natures do matter btw)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (EVs matter as well)
Ability: Sand Rush (So do abilities )
Last Resort
Reversal/Thunder Wave/Protect
Protect/Endure
Fire Fang/Ice Fang

The preffered set here is really Last Resort/Reversal/Endure/Fire or Ice Fang @ Salac Berry w/Adamant, but Stoutland doesn't have that many great coverage options. Fire Fang hits some Steels better than Reversal but leaves you walled by Giratina and Jellicent, as well as having Chandelure be immune to all of your attacks. Ice Fang provides coverage for Dragons, but leaves you walled by Jellicent, Froslass, Shedinja, and Chandelure. At least this time you can do paltry damage to the Chandelier. I'd go with Ice Fang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare54 View Post

Simipour lvl100 Ability Gluttony
Cut
Dive
Acrobatics
Waterfall

Simipour is a Special Attacker, and two-turn moves like dive (just like Alexial said) aren't good for CB. Cut is a bad move in almost all cases. Acrobatics isn't ever good without Flying Gem, but it does provide some nice coverage. Waterfall is not good, because again, it should be Specially attacking:

Simipour @ Life Orb/Leftovers/(maybe even) Wise Glasses
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Torrent (you can use Gluttony if you want, but it's useless)
Nasty Plot
Surf
Ice Beam
Focus Blast/Grass Knot

Pretty straightforward. Water/Ice is a standard combo, but it can also have great moves in Focus Blast and Grass Knot. Nasty Plot sweeps.
Don't play with fire, sonny

Flaming Ashes, My Trade Thread