View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2011 (10:38 AM). Edited September 4th, 2011 by Superjub.
Pokémon Aureolin
Crystal Tier
Nature: Timid
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Most of your work is impressive, I must say. Maybe that's why what drew my attention the most was this:

I can't help but feel weird about the mugshot. The anatomy on the hands is rather out of place and I'm guessing the one-piece dress shouldn't have different shades on the polka-dots. The face is also a bit, uh, I don't know. But it still feels eerie. Maybe the nose, maybe the smile. And I'm wondering how this happened since your other sprites are all on a greater level.
The trainer sprite, OW and badge are all very well made, too.

Finally, the fakedex is swell, and the only one I would say needs a lot of improvement is Carcaron. Its tail swing as well as the overall pose make it look stiff like cardboard.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Good luck with your spriting!
Firstly, thanks for taking your time to post. It means a lot coming from you.

I agree with the mugshot. They are one of my weaknesses. Actually, I'd say trainer sprites are in general, but anyway... I'm fairly sure I have an updated version somewhere where some things are fixed, like the anatomy. I'll have a look for it in a bit. Anyway, I agree that it does look a bit unnatural. Well, maybe more than a bit, but...

As for the FakeDex, it's nice to know you like it, since, in my opinion, some of my ideas aren't the best. I've been revamping some of the sprites recently, and I migth add Carcaron to the list (although, funnily enough, I've revamped it pretty recently. XD) I'll try and think of a fearsome pose for it since it it a skelton dragon after all. ;D

I'm glad you like my work. It's probably a bad time to make a new thread, since I'm going back to school in less than 2 weeks, but I'll try and be as actiive as possible, so watch this space.

EDIT: I've been messing around with the mugshot, and it's starting to look better, so hopefully I'll be able to shown an improved version soon.