View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2011 (10:09 AM).
Ryoutarou
Community Supporter

What was the first anime you watched?
Teyandee of the Legendary Ninja Cats. It was dubbed over as Samurai Pizza Cats in the early 90s and was a pretty fun show to watch. Though it had some pretty major changes when it was dubbed, both versions are nonsensical comedies, so it never bothered me too much.

What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?

Hm, this one is a little tricky, but I'm pretty sure it was Ronin Warriors, known as Yoroiden Samurai Troopers in Japan. This was around the time I started frequenting flea markets on the weekends with my family and found a lady who sold super early subs of it along with Dragonball and Dragonball Z. (I had already seen them, but had no idea they were anime)

What was the first anime you watched with subs?

I want to say either Gundam SEED or Zeta Gundam, but I'm not quite sure since they were really close. I bought HK box sets of both series not that far apart from each other. This probably would have been around late 2003. The first series I actually followed as it aired is a toss up. I started watching the first Fullmetal Alchemist near the end of its run raw before I found fansubs and then started Gundam SEED Destiny in fansub form right from the first episode.