View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Why haven't I seen this thread before? I tried the exact idea of making hacks co-op friendly. Obviously it didn't go well and many things weren't functional at all. If there is any possibility, some major hacking is required. But I settled for replacing the simple link rooms with one huge area filled with activities, adventure, and multiplayer-friendly events. Progress wasn't too bad but I gave up for a while due to lack of proper testing and help.

If anyone is interested, I can try to release another team thread for it. (The last one had ZERO replies the whole month.)

VBA has a thing where it can connect to IP addresses, pretty much making games wi-fi compatible right? I can see how that can be expanded to make a server. I don't know the first thing about making that sort of thing but I hope people who do can try it.
It doesn't really matter. As David said, there is just too much needed to make things work correctly. He's said it pretty darn well a few posts back. ASM hacking is must when it comes to the rom, and probably a emulator itself.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss