View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Captivate is a poor move on any Pokemon. Why play the gender guessing game with your opponent when you can use that moveslot to do something else? Ninetales is better off trying to figure out how to deal with Politoed and Tyranitar rather than wall things, because really if you're running a sun team you can't throw Ninetales around like that. Ninetales is your biggest advantage against other weather teams and you need to keep it out of harm's way as much as possible. :(

I guess what I'm saying is that you definitely shouldn't run Captivate. You need to run enough speed to outrun Excadrill out of sand (and I think that's the standard, but icr what that number is off the top of my head) and you should run some time of Fire-type move and Will-o-Wisp. Beyond that it's a little more free for interpretation, although you still can't use moves that generally don't lead to a positive result (mind you, mostly physical attackers try to beat down on Ninetales anyway!). Safeguard is a cool option that's been relatively unexplored. Solarbeam is an option.