View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Snow Phoenix
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Also, to my mind sexuality refers to physical attraction and physical attraction alone. Most people are lucky enough that who they are physically attracted to and who they are romantically attracted to match up, but for those that don't, I'm happy to use the extra term.
AND THIS IS WHY ANDY IS SO SKETCHY @-@ My gosh ;.; Get a boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I was hoping some of these responses would help me word my own reply to the question I asked, but it’s still just as difficult to describe.

I sort of agree with Toujours that there’s a practical aspect to it. It doesn't feel right to call yourself something that you’re not, except I’m on the fence about whether I feel it’s more important to explain sexuality in terms of what you do or what you are. It’s common to say that sexuality means “attracted to _____” but does it apply if you’ve never acted on your attractions or accepted them? And with someone’s sexual identity, does one have to do something to be that identity or can they simply exist in it?

Like, say you're a guy and you were attracted physically to men, but you felt more comfortable actively engaged in relationships only with women. Are you gay because that's what your attractions are, regardless of what decisions you make? And is your identity completely subject to your biology then, or do you allow for personal decisions to be part of your identity? I don't like the idea of having my identity being completely out of my hands so I feel like there's got to be some level of choice involved in saying "I am _____."
Exactly what confuses me sometimes @-@ I've enjoyed my relationship with all of the girlfriends I had. I just never wanted sex or really... any fluid exchange ^-^' From them. But, I personally realized that I was mostly using my ability to form "actively engaged" relationships as a cop out because I don't understand men and they scare me o.o' That's why I've decided to at least try men for a while. Maybe @-@ I have a conceptualized theory of what I'd like in a GUY at the very least

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.