View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2011 (08:43 AM).
CS

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
Kids tend to know nothing about anything for the most part. Kids can make fun of the fat kid when they're 10 years old and then grow up a completely normal kid. Although part of it I would say is because LGBT issues are still somewhat viewed as "adult" topics, that have to be either ignored or tiptoed around for kids. When in reality, it should be just as naturally ingrained into a child as the idea of a heterosexual relationship.
Yeah, kids are just ignorant about lots of things so I wouldn't be too upset if they're ignorant about... anything. I bet you could ask them about what heterosexual couples are or something like that and you'd get lots of weird and incorrect answers there, too.

And DADT (Don't Ask Don't Tell) is gone now in America. I guess that's good news. I don't personally care much about the military and don't know anyone in it so it's not as meaningful to me as something like a repeal of DOMA (the Defense of Marriage Act) would be. And while I'm throwing out acronyms I'll just mention how ENDA (Employment Non-Discrimination Act) ought to become law here in the States even though I'm lucky to be in one of the states that already bans discrimination based on orientation and identity and it wouldn't change things for me, but at least others, especially those living in the not-as-good parts of the country would get that protection.

deviantart blog pair