View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2011 (03:07 PM). Edited September 25th, 2011 by PokéSwimmer.
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Okay, I don't believe either of these questions were fully answered, so I'll have a go at them.

Quote originally posted by 7Mufasa7:
can anyone tell me how to breed flawless pokemon in HG/SS?

i was IV breeding last night and the highest i was able to get was 4 IVs at 31.
how do ppl get all 6?
Quote originally posted by Hiiro:

Well, before you waste anymore time trying to get perfect IVs across the board, I should tell you that that's nearly impossible to do (unless you hack of course, but I don't advise that). There's about a one in 1,073,741,824 chance of getting perfect IVs for all six stats according to Arkeis.

IV's are pretty random. You may sometimes get a Pokémon with really good IVs in two particular stats, but the others might be pretty low on a scale of 0 to 31. If you check out the site, Arkeis, that I linked to you though, you'll see they say,

"However, you can improve the chances of your Pokémon getting good IVs by breeding and producing lots and lots of eggs. If your parent Pokémon have good IVs, then there's a good chance the offspring will have good IVs too." Which is true.

I'd probably say the best way to learn about IVs and breeding to get better IVs, other than natural experience, would be by talking to regular breeders who go about breeding Pokémon for the right IVs on a daily basis. The Trade Corner's Daily Chit Chat might be a good place for that.
This (in bold) is only partially true. While it is virtually impossible to attain flawless IVs through conventional breeding, the vast majority of IV breeders nowadays use a method called RNG abuse. It involves using a PC program called RNG reporter (or PPRNG if you're on a Mac) to essentially manipulate the game's internal pseudo-random number generator to breed or capture flawless Pokémon. It is not at all hacking and does not require any cheating device. There are many guides out there, and, like Hiiro said, asking in the Trade Corner Daily Chit Chat would be a good idea if you want to learn how to do this.

Quote originally posted by FrostPheonix:
I've got a question, what physical dark/ghost type moves are there that Gallade can learn? Or even better, are there any?

Quote originally posted by gvgisdi:
He should be able to learn Thief by TM, and if I recall correctly, Thief is a physical move.
Uh, Thief is a fairly sub-par move when it comes to attacking.
The only usable physical dark/ghost moves Gallade has are: Night Slash (use a heart scale) and Shadow Sneak (as an egg move)