View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Well, from what I know, there are only a few Fire types in RU. Camerupt, Combuskin, Emboar, Entei, Flareon, Macargo, Magmortar, Moltres, Monferno, Rapidash, Simisear, Torkoal, and Typhlosion. That's all I could find. ;( And I have no idea how these guys do competitively. The only Pokemon within these boundaries I can recommend sets for are Emboar, Entei, and Magmortar..

I guess I'll give you sets for those. Beyond that however, I'm not going to be much help without some extensive R&D on my end. I just don't have the competitive battling knowledge of RU to be able to make an educated and informed assessment on what would be best for your team. So, with that in mind, the RU Fire Pokemon (I'm assuming Physical or Special oriented attacks make no never mind at this point), that I can give you sets for is limited at best. If you need sets for any of the aforementioned Pokemon (or any others that I haven't listed. If I remember correctly there are actually 17 Fire type Pokemon in RU.. but don't quote me on that) the raters will do the best they can. I have to say though, all these Pokemon have poor defensive typing and are all Stealth Rock weak, so use of the Life Orb, Substitute, or Weather is going to whittle away at them much faster than you would expect. Investing something to perform Wish support might be worthwhile on your team. Isn't Alomomola RU now?

Emboar @ Life Orb
Blaze / Reckless
212 HP / 252 Attack / 44 Speed
Adamant [+Attack; -Special Attack]
- Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Stone Edge / Assurance

It's a shame Emboar doesn't have access to Swords Dance (at least, as far as I can tell .___.). But, it's not like Bulk Up hurts. This set is more built around Reckless than anything else. Flare Blitz is your best STAB option, when factoring in the STAB and Reckless boost, you're looking at a Flare Blitz with a base power of 180. Not counting the 20% Life Orb boost. Wild Charge is just as dangerous because of the recoil+Reckless, but does little in terms of coverage. Stone Edge is there for most anything that resists Flare Blitz, or Assurance for some added coverage. 44 EVs are invested in Speed so you can outrun anything else with a base 70 Speed stat. The rest go into Attack for offense, obviously, and HP for general bulk. I guess you could also run Earthquake, Superpower, Hammer Arm, or even Flame Charge (to boost Speed) instead of Bulk Up if you're not too partial on this set.

Entei may be the star of the trifecta here. It has well distributed stats in all the right places, but, ehh..

Entei @ Leftovers
Pressure
136 HP / 156 Special Attack / 216 Speed
Timid [+Speed; -Attack]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass / Electric]

Well, this is probably the best you're ever going to get out of Entei, sorry to say. Luckily, during battle, you'll be able to pull off 101 HP Substitutes and very effectively execute Calm Minds. While it's true that Entei's Attack stat is greater than its Special Attack, the only real difference it has from any other physically inclined Fire type is the use of Extreme Speed (Something that Arcanine already does better). So, the Sub+CM set is probably your best shot at squeezing all the competitive merit you can from this guy. Your best STAB option is either Flamethrower or Fire Blast, it's your call really. And finally, you have a choice between HP [Grass] or HP [Electric]. Basically, they're both used to take out the bulky waters that give Entei a hard time. So again, your call. Be that as it may, sets for a physical Entei do exist, so let us know if you prefer that.

And finally, Magmortar, who has a little more diversity this gen, surprisingly.

Magmortar @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Flame Body
64 HP / 164 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 28 Speed
Naughty [+Attack; -Special Defense]
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass / Ice]
- Cross Chop

This way, you'll at least be able to bypass any Special Walls with Cross Chop, allowing Marmortar to 2HKO Eviolite Chansey with Stealth Rock damage. Beyond anything else, this set is mainly used for coverage. Thunderbolt has decent coverage with Flamethrower, HP [Grass] is useful against the bulky waters, and HP [Ice] will help with Altaria. Unfortunately, Magmortar's Speed is below average so you might find yourself being revenged killed more often than not. I also just want to mention, a Choice Specs set can be used if you forgo Cross Chop in favor of Focus Blast and 252 Special Attack and Speed (remainder in Defense) with a Modest Nature. But, I figured this would make Magmortar a bit more dynamic.

Well, that's all I got. D: If anyone else has any suggestions, please mention them. I know almost nothing about RU, let alone the specific Fire Types or any other prerequisites. I don't even know if I mentioned the better ones in this post. Sorry I couldn't do more for you, Ursaring89.

{pair}{brothers}{mod}{twin}{gallery}
{bell tree}{pixel joint}{fairy club}{acnl club}{theme}
{pokemon fae}{credit}{friend code}{dream address}