View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
I'm really liking the look of the basis you've got here. Noticed that by some of the names, we've got similar thoughts going as to fakemon, heh. Tadpole/Toad/Frog ones and the Komodo being similar. I like it.

Only thing I have to say is that Kittoal is extremely similar to Kittorch from Imperial Sky, but it's not the same. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone gets confused by the name. Kittoal's typing (Normal/Fire) doesn't really fit conventional starters, but that's not really a massive problem either.

I wish you luck.
Thanks. The thing is that I developed Kittoal before I knew Imperial Sky existed, and once I found out I was pretty irked. I don't really have plans for changing any of the concepts I have at the moment, however, so at least Kittoal has a different type combination. My excuse is that Bulbasaur did it first (it was Grass/Poison, and remains the only starter that has dual typing at its base stage).

I haven't seen another fakemon based off a komodo dragon, but Komodon is a dual-type Dragon/Poison type and is meant to be the final evolved form of Dragunk... If that makes a difference. It, as well as a majority of the Fakemon on the list, only exists as PBS data at the moment, and still needs to be designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafa505 View Post
I like the maps the Fakemons are cool, but the grass starter looks like Keita Denju type but i think it just me, Mapping maybe needs a bit work, This looks like its going to be a great game, looking forward for this :D.
Thank you,
I was most referring to Chikorita and Bulbasaur for the design of Tadoledon, but what exactly makes it look more Keita Denju style to you?