The PokéCommunity Forums - View Single Post - FireRed hack: Pokémon Gust
: FireRed hack:
View Single Post
October 3rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Left for good
Join Date: Aug 2011
Originally Posted by
Hm... The hack looks good, not bad, only thing is I do not like the tiles, you should change Do not you think?
Finally, regarding Scripting (events), do not doubt that bad fence, I just like to see some video or GYF
Thank you, I'm planning to change a few tiles in the future. I don't get what you mean about the scripting, though, sorry.
Originally Posted by
Hey CJ, sorry for not testing this for you. I do, however, come bearing a bug report:
- In the player's room, a tile is missing from the top of the TV.
- I find it a bit odd to be given a Super Potion at the very start of the game, but okay.
[I call it 'strong initiative for those who look at their PC at home']
- The wall in the player's room seems pointless.
[saves a lot of space for me, works as designed]
- If your Mum is worried about Dad, and she thinks he's been gone for too long, how can she be sure he's where he is, and why would she tell him goodbye? Surely she'd want to say "come home" or something?
[She is just worried of him not coming back to pay farewell to you in time. So you go instead]
- A pet Torkoal is a bit weird...but epic overworld, like Fireworks said.
[Gonna give it a NOFACE message because the side OWs are weird]
- It is refreshing to see new overworlds (for the player, Chloe, etc.), so kudos there.
- Indigo Town's path's palette clashes with the grass (which looked better as it was, imo).
[I don't get it :/]
- Incidentally, I think that Indigo Town could be a lot smaller and still be better. There are some parts with nothing to see and just empty space, really.
[I have some problems with the map connections that could only be resolved with enlarging the town itself, so yeah]
- In the Terens "Dont go past" script, in the Aide in the bottom right corner of the lab's script, and in the talk-to-PROF. ROY-script, it's sometimes written as PROF.ROY/PROF.ALASTOR, without a space, and sometimes says PROF. ALASTOR/PROF. ROY, with a space.
[I suppose it's always without the the space. Fixed, thank you]
- In the talk-to-PROF. ROY-for-the-first-time-script, the line "Something must have happened on that place" should say "Something must have happened there" or "at that place".
[changed 'on' to 'at', thanks]
- Nice reference (I assume it was intentional) to the LoZ line "It's dangerous to go alone". :D
[keen eye you have, sir]
- Books should be impassable, otherwise it makes the player exceptionally rude.
[Oops I forgot that XD - fixed]
- The man talking about shady characters seems to have two pieces of unrelated dialogue strung together for no reason...
[I don't get what you mean]
- RIVAL's house's door has a tile error above it's door.
[not a tile error, it's just the local roof tiles missing the door line]
- RIVAL's Mum's dialogue doesn't need the "though" word at the end.
- RIVAL, RIVAL's Mum and RIVAL's DAD all sleep in one bed? o.O There's only one bed, and no upstairs...
[Bear with it bro. At least they do]
- INDIGO TOWN's signpost really makes no sense. It's just some random words slapped together.
[Oh you're going to get used to it on every town]
- Incidentally, indigo is a blue colour, not purple, which seems to be the theme of the town.
[Gah, I always thought it was a shade of purple. Oh well, I like the name, too late...]
-Saying odd man for Ignus is really kinda cheap. :/ Also, he has some crazy hair (how much gel does he use?!).
[His hair is the reason why he's odd, mm?]
- Why would Ignus
to give away Pokéballs? It almost seems like they're a burden to him...which is odd, considering he's a seemingly eager trainer.
[No questioning the unquestionable, just accept them with love]
- He seems to say "..." a lot...
[So do I]
- Wait...where did Oak come from in this battle?
[It's the tutorial battle. I'm planning to change it to Ignus talking]
- What's with all the formal, uptight (and even medieval) dialogue? Try to slip in some more abbreviations (I'll instead of I will) and who even says "I fare thee well" anymore?
[That's Ignus for you. You'll figure out later why, I assure you]
- The first trainer tips signpost needs the dash thing (é) in the word "Pokémon".
[fixed! thanks again]
- Why is that Brendan-looking dude running to and fro for no apparent reason?
[He's a bosbo. OW under construction]
- The salesman says "with a branch mart in". That's incorrect, it should be "we have a branch in".
- Red rocks?
[Red will rock your socks]
- Just like Indigo Town, it seems Bandreach City has a similarly non-sensical signpost.
[Get used to it
- Bosbo needs to have an opening speech mark (["] in XSE) in his complaint.
[I'll fix that]
- All the houses in Bandreach, like Rival's house in Indigo Town, need the correct tile above their doors.
[Same case like the other one, there's just no door line on the tileset itself]
- What's with the purple PCs?
[red PCs, too mainstream]
- Considering Alex has just built the PC, shouldn't it say Alex's PC upon loading?
[It will, after you meet him later on, but wait, it'll say BILL's instead. Yeah, I didn't hex edit that]
- Bosbo's house has walkable tiles which should be impassable (below the exit).
[Reported and fixed already]
- The forth Sigma grunt says "I just saw one of us run like nuts past me." It should read: "I just saw another Team Sigma member run past me." The "like nuts" part doesn't fit in this context.
[I just love that phrase, so...]
- I recommend including a dirt path (the brown one) in the Excavation Site.
- Definately is a misspelling. It should be definitely.
- Why does the music suddenly stop when Thexes arrives?
[Intentionally, you know, the boss-appearing sequence?]
- When we arrive home, I think a level script should occur in order for you to receive the Running Shoes.
[They are not obligatory, so no]
- The classifications like "Tiny Turtle" should be capitalised and be preceded by the word "the".
[will scramble the textbox if I change it now]
- Why does Terens face down to talk to me?
[He's more like talking to you in a decisive way, than a direct one]
I've stopped playing up to this point. Most of the things I've reported are just nitpicks, so good job so far.
[Ty-once again! ;d]
Thank you thank you thank you! I tried my best to answer on each of them with a bold sentence on your own quote! highly appreciate it, Haroun.
This is my December . . .
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Truality
Find all posts by Truality
Find threads started by Truality