View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2011 (10:43 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I kinda have a random hypothetical question for you guys..

What if you had like.. a really close friend. Like a BEST friend, that you told all your secrets to. This friend had known you for years and you had that sort of mutual love for each other. Like a brother/ sister.. someone you can rely on and that you could really trust.
What if you were being honest and came out to them.. and then they told you that they wanted to be honest and had a secret hatred for LGBT and the respective community? And they were unwilling to waiver that feeling- let's say they told you "My feelings on this are as strong as your feelings towards your sexuality."

What would you do?
I don't think the matter would come up too much except with relationships (though relationship privacy is something I and my friend should respect), so we wouldn't really have to bother with being conscious about their hatred. However, if they expressed their dislike of the LGBT community more often (if they did at all before) after the coming out, then they have a serious problem. (They likely would start referencing me in their talks of immorality or something.) I would just plain cut out contact with them until they can get over it enough to respect me like they used to.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.