View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2011 (7:40 AM).
Silver Tier
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
What if you had like.. a really close friend. Like a BEST friend, that you told all your secrets to. This friend had known you for years and you had that sort of mutual love for each other. Like a brother/ sister.. someone you can rely on and that you could really trust.
What if you were being honest and came out to them.. and then they told you that they wanted to be honest and had a secret hatred for LGBT and the respective community? And they were unwilling to waiver that feeling- let's say they told you "My feelings on this are as strong as your feelings towards your sexuality."

What would you do?
I really don't know. I'd likely be angry at them and stop talking to them for a while and hope that they could start to change their views after realizing that their best friend was part of the LGBT community. I know I couldn't be friends with someone with that kind of hatred.

And speaking of the community, I personally don't feel much of a sense of one. All I've ever gotten from random queer people is a kind of "Oh, you are? Okay." Acceptance, of course, but nothing more. I'm still a stranger to them like they're strangers to me. I have my friends who are gay and there's a support group where I sort of know some of the people, but outside that there's no "community" I see except the kind of commercialized community you get at pride events and the like.
The Galigo Region * Avatar