Thread: [Demo] Pokémon Nightmare
View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:56 AM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
i think i found my problem......noobish too. i didnt bother downloading the first thing i was supposed to be downloading so i can download the patch. that's all fixed up, thank you

Edit: as it turns out, and i finally figured it out, i needed something to open up the RAR files, which i found and downloaded and extracted everything i needed to play. havent played it yet, but i did play the first version and that was cool up until i had to battle the rival and then it crashed on me

Edit2: one question i forgot to ask: did you include the option for shinies in the game like in the real games?

Edit3: Sigh...........this one is doing the same thing, it crashes when i get to the rival battle, though it says the script is hanging this time around

Edit4: i wanna update Edit3. it still says the script is hanging, but when i exit out and go back in, it continues whereever i am, so that doesnt seem like a problem. though i do have two other issues: When people talk, the text area that goes up with the speech doesnt come up, so if something is any other color than white, i gotta kinda squint to see what it is. also, it wont let me use the PDA at all. i click it, the screen goes black and nothing comes up
The Shiny option is in, but it's not working very well yet.

The rival battles and stuff were corrected in the latest patches, so you're most likely using an old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Flare View Post
I'm not sure about the problems you are facing, but I did have a problem with the text boxes lacking backgrounds.
I fixed it by patching to 1.5.1
As mentioned, the windowskins can be fixed by placing the Graphics folder included in either patches in the game's own folder.

So, now for updates!

We've been working towards an extra patch lately, one that includes an Event (this is most likely how events will be distributed by us :3). Here's a quick image:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLawride on deviantArt
So, this a Halloween Event that's been on the works for the past few days. There isn't much to it yet but the fact that you'll be able to catch an extremely rare Pokémon very early in the game, assuring an edge in most tough battles.

After applying the Halloween Patch, head to a Pokémon Center anywhere and talk to the man seen in the picture to receive a Hollow Pass, which will grant you passage to a secret island by talking to the Sailor seen in the picture as well.

The Halloween Patch will only be up for about a week or so before, during and after Halloween, so keep your eyes peeled for news! : D