View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2011 (05:37 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote originally posted by LawOfTheLand:
While it's all well and good to share the wealth with other communities like Smogon, one thing I've noticed is that while they've been quick to jump on updating the tier listings, the set analyses are slower in coming. (A modest example: Excadrill got the boot to Uber recently, but its sets are still listed for OU effectiveness.)

Let's treat their resources as just that: Resources. As much as they might want us to think that their word is final, in the end what works for them might not be the best option for us, or even an effective option. If Smogon teaches university-level courses, more casual sites like this one might be better suited with a high school education, if you get my drift.
I agree. We shouldn't be over here trying to do the same things that Smogon has already done (and probably done better) but rather focusing on the differences that would keep people coming here and not just simply jumping to Smogon. Community-related events like community night; in-depth and up-to-date guides on things like rating teams, building teams, and how-to's in general; and even just the totally different environment we have here are all things we should focus on and emphasize. While D_A's threat list was cool (and I learned sososooo much while trying to work on it) we have no reason to put that much effort towards being a lesser Smogon.