Thread: [Developing] Pokémon: Homeward Bound™
View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2011 (1:01 PM).
Originally Posted by Chiar View Post
I would like to point out the flaws of the graphics, which were not covered so far. The mapping so far is horrible and full of tile errors, and the fact that the game is set in a badly mapped edit of a canon region just daunts off people of the game. I don't know why you have cut the part of the textbox to create "steps", it makes it look weird and unaesthetic. You might also insert DPPt sprites and textboxes if you are using the battle background.
quite right you are, i do have map errors, but they are simple fixes, i choose to get the map, created, before i find the errors, but nevertheless, as i post pictures and demo releases, you guys will find them for me, the ones i totally miss...

this game is also, NOT a hack... I fully mapped this myself... And believe me, this game will have plenty of map errors, which is a shame, but the story and game play should hopefully make you forget little errors... Those errors in the pictures, by the way, have been fixed, i can see which ones you are speaking about too...

as for the battle boxes, i did that to remove pointless space, clearly its a huge change for you to oversee, so hopefully as you play the game you will come to like the boxes, i don't see the point in using the same stuff as everyone else, at least with my battle boxes, they are unique, given, they look shardy and could use a hella of a lot of work, but that's a given when i can't sprite to save my life haha.

The battle backgrounds, i don't see the problem, they are just colors mixed together, you cant put a style or game to those... the battle bases, i used to show where the encounter was, was it in long grass, short grass, caves, water, fishing, you will see when you play what i mean.

Originally Posted by KitsuneKouta View Post
This isn't a hack, as is made clear in the first post as well as the title.
Very true... Some people take no time to read the finer prints at all... *Sigh*

Originally Posted by KitsuneKouta View Post
The graphics do need some work, however that only requires superficial changes. Switching out tiles and cleaning up maps isn't too big of a deal. In fact, that seems to be about all of what many fan games do, before ultimately failing from lack of actual progress and bad planning. They spend so much time mapping, spriting or creating nifty new menus, making the game LOOK awesome, and then fail to implement a story or features worth mention. It's just coming up on the first demo, so graphics can wait a little longer for the sake of actual progress. I'd much rather see this become a completed game with average graphics (though only one style should be used) than another one of the beautiful games that never gets even half finished.

I can't really say much about the added features yet until actually playing the game, but it sounds like it will be different from the standard Pokemon games. It may take some getting used to, but it seems like it's thought out well enough so I don't expect it to be much of an issue.
I fully agree, graphics need a lot of work, nobody has agreed to help me with that part yet, or i have no-one who comes close to my standards, and that isn't very high haha...

believe me, i intend on finishing this game, until i die... Which i hope is not soon haha, me dying i mean haha, oh dear... So, little graphic errors or mapping errors at the moment are no bother to me, i will fix them when i'm not creating a nice non boring storyline for you, the story i have so far, isn't even complicated, i see so many games with stories that you just know are going to be prolonged and you will get sick of playing, each story i have created is short and sweet, like meee ... I also understand the, "use one style" thing, but generally, that is a persons opinion, which i don't exactly disagree on, but, the game can become a huge hit none the less...

the added features i hope will make people impressed and want to continue playing, all the way to the end, but, one can only assume what is being implemented is the "right" thing to do, until tested... You are right, some things need the user to adjust to, like when automatic cars were invented, that's a big change, people probably complained, but then again, are there still automatic cars around, yes... One persons peeve is a next persons fetish.

When the demo is released, i would like criticism, of course, but please don't go on and on and on about the same things that have already been posted or pointed out, i can answer your questions and give you answers to why i haven't changed anything or why it was changed, we will see.