View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2011 (5:40 PM).
We're A-Comin', Princess!
Nature: Lax
Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
Ok I'm kind of annoyed right now because I've taken a brief glance at the RMT's and I've seen people say to replace five out of six pokemon. This thread from smogon shows how you give a proper rate, and if you read rule #3, it says: Indeed, it is often best to try and deviate as little as possible from the original team as possible. Remember, you're here to rate the team, not rebuild it. I like seeing people trying to be helpful to other people, but the goal of an RMT is not so you can get a completely new team, it's so you can fix your old team to adapt better to the metagame. If you suggest 1 or 2 pokemon to replace, that's fine by me, but replacing the whole team is absolutely ridiculous as you can see in this thread. I'm not trying to pinpoint anybody, but this is really kind of ridiculous telling someone to replace essentially their whole team.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day~
I have to back this up.

I remember back in my earlier days in this site, when Anti was still in diapers and I was mentoring Dark Azelf with my 1337 skillz, team rating was a chore. Or rather, getting your team rated. A tad too many times, you'll get 3 or more pokes outright replaced, which got me thinking 'huh, this...doesn't look like my team at all'. Now of course, I was a picky little brat then, and was terrible at taking criticism. At the same time (and as I matured to how a forum works, this was my first one), having an entire team torn down and replaced was...discouraging. By the time the suggestions were made, it was like 'eh, what's the point?'. The teams didn't really feel like me, and if I was just going to use any ol' team, I would have asked for it to be built from scratch (I think we had "Build me a team" threads then).

The rates I loved, which incidentally came from people that have gotten used to my style, were ones that saw my weaknesses (how the heck do you have a Yanmega weakness) and suggested ways to fix it without mutilating my team. For example, I'll get things like:

"A Water type, like Swampert or Gya, will really help with that Infernape weakness"

Now I know that my team is Infernape weak, and I need a bulky water. At this point, I can say

"Well, those two might work, but how about Quagmire!"

...that was a pretty cheesy example, but it made me point. Now I know my weakness, how I can fix it, what steps I have to take, and my options at taking them.

But I haven't been here in a while, so maybe that has changed. I dunno, just wanted to say something.
This signature has been disabled.
No spoilers allowed in signature.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.