Thread: [Gen V] Which Team Works Better?
View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2011 (4:19 PM).
Elite Guard: Commander General
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeTerra2011
Quote originally posted by XEL:
If you plan to play competitively, Garchomp is in the Uber tier. You can play in that tier if you want to play Garchomp, but then the rest of your team is outclassed.

This depends on what Salamence's EVs are. Salamence has higher SpA than Dragonite. If you are willing though, I suggest breeding them for Physical versions as both have higher Atk stats than SpA stats.
For competitive battiling within the tiers, I have another team set up for the Ubers with Garchomp apart of that. I meant for online/wireless competitive battles. I also use this team for in-game battling. The idea for my team is to have at least one special sweeper, a couple of mixed sweepers or more, and some physical ones. Garchomp's physical and decimates with outrage but he isn't very good mixed where MixedMence and MixedNite thrive. I throw them out to catch my opponent off-guard who are expecting either (Modest/Timid) or (Adamant/Jolly) and they end up being able to do a lot of damage in both. Salamence has EVs in S.Att as well, but Dragonite has been trained much better in S.Att overall. I'm not sure if I'm going to combine the two teams in some way or if I should go for team #1 or team #2.

Burn with your infinite blaze, Infernape.
Best Fire pokemon EVER!!!!

Pokemon Black Name/FC
: Odin - 3696 9696 2718