Thread: [Gen V] Which Team Works Better?
View Single Post
Old Posted November 2nd, 2011 (09:45 PM).
PokeTerra2011
Elite Guard: Commander General

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeTerra2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Generally I'd probably pick the first team;

Since you want a special Samurott, personally I think scald > surf and hydro pump can stand alone, mainly because of scald having a burn chance and if you use it over and over with the specs, it's bound to eventually burn something.

Either way, boltbeam Starmie (or any other boltbeam user or even ice/water in general, since water types often carry ice beam) is generally going to hurt your team, while I see you have grass knot on certain Pokemon, I think to be able to take rain-based teams and risk keeping Infernape in, you could make use of a grass type, considering this is wifi, you could use ferrothorn, which works well with sand teams.

But! Personally I'd replace Samurott/Electivire, there's a lot more Pokemon that can fill those roles better, such as Vaporeon and Rotom-W, but really it's up to you and whether you think you can somehow take the harder-to-take water Pokemon. :x
Hmm....how about something like...Boltbeam Starmie (Specs) running Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump, Psyshock/Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt to replace Samurott (Psyshock to handle Blissey)? Also, I use Electivire as a mixed sweeper that protects my water types from electric attacks and then gains a speed boost to start his own sweeping. The issue I have is with Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp. Garchomp is my favorite and my preferred, but I also like Dragonite (Multiscale) and Salamence as mixed threats to throw off my opponents. Plus Garchomp to me, should be used with Tyranitar for Sandstorm although Sandstorm is kinda annoying for the rest of "non-Sandstorm" team. Infernape is my favorite Fire pokemon and Fire poke of choice whom I'd only replace with Speed Boost Blaziken. If I revised some of my team it would be something like Infernape, Boltbeam Starmie (Specs), Electivire, Garchomp, Tyranitar and one other good team mate that would fit on this team. Could be Dragonite/Salamence/Staraptor/or another poke that would fit.

Burn with your infinite blaze, Infernape.
Best Fire pokemon EVER!!!!

Pokemon Black Name/FC
: Odin - 3696 9696 2718