Thread: [Gen V] Which Team Works Better?
View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011 (5:03 PM). Edited November 3rd, 2011 by PokeTerra2011.
Elite Guard: Commander General
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeTerra2011
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Sand veil / poison heal are definitely the most viable out of the three, while hyper cutter only would really help against things with Intimidate (iirc it'd work with that, but otherwise, nothing else really decreases attack because... there's no point, lol). imo, sand veil would really be the best fit for you - while poison heal is fun to use and all, it's more suited to a stall team rather than a sand team imo while sand veil really loves sand and with boosted evasion it gives you more of a chance to set up with SD, removing the purpose of hyper cutter.
Hmm...I've altered my team quite a bit. I'm planning on going for Modest BoltBeam Starmie (Specs), Adamant Intimidate Staraptor (CS), Adamant Technician Scizor (CB), Naive MixApe Infernape (Expert Belt/Life Orb), Mild Multiscale MixNite Dragonite (Leftovers/Life Orb), Mild Physical Motor Drive MixVire Electivire (Expert Belt). I "abandoned" my 5th gen starter for a better water pokemon in Starmie. Electivire's Motor Drive gives my team electricity immunity and protects both Staraptor and Starmie. Electivire himself is protected by having dragonite and staraptor to switch in on earthquakes, ice is resisted by infernape, starmie, and scizor. Scizor's only weakness, fire, is resisted by Infernape and Dragonite. Infernape, like Electivire, is protected from earth quake by both Dragonite and Staraptor and protected from water attacks by Dragonite/Starmie. Dark/Bug type moves are resisted by various members of my team. They all seem to compliment each other.

One issue i have is that I'm not sure if Scizor needs CB or CS more and if I should give Infernape expert belt or life orb vs Dragonite using life orb since I only have one.I have two mixed set pokemon to throw my opponent off on what kind of dragonite/infernape it could be and switch up when needed.

Any1 have any ideas on this issue and whether this team is better?

Burn with your infinite blaze, Infernape.
Best Fire pokemon EVER!!!!

Pokemon Black Name/FC
: Odin - 3696 9696 2718