Thread: [Gen V] Which Team Works Better?
View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011 (07:08 PM).
Elite Guard: Commander General

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeTerra2011
Quote originally posted by Forever:

Oh wait I didn't comment on the second team, yeah Dragonite could be changed up - generally its Life Orb set is completely different to what you've got (and the fact that you can't use multiscale on the life orb set due to superpower kinda makes it less appealing tbh). Since you want power, you could always choose the CB set :

Dragonite@Choice Band
Multiscale
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw / Waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed

Outrage as the stronger STAB, dragon claw as the less-powerful-but-not-locking-in-STAB, waterfall for power in rain which is common on PO at least, idk about wifi, extremespeed for priority (and isn't that weak either so can effectively kill things you'd otherwise be outsped by) and fire punch to kill off steels after a few hits.

As for Scizor, both sets can work though I generally prefer the power of CB since bullet punch as a whole generally hurts the opponent due to priority and if you're locked into bullet punch, opponents will definitely be afraid to switch in unless they have a steel type etc.
It's weird becuz on Smogon, the MixNite sets for 5th Gen Dragonite have him using Life Orb for damage which is counterproductive to Multiscale in my opinion. I really just want Dragonite to be a mixed attacker. Like for example, he can throw off a Draco meteor and u'll think he's special then he hits u with outrage. I'm curious if the revised team I mentioned including starmie is a pretty good set up (so I know if I should breed/EV train Starmie/Scizor or not).

Burn with your infinite blaze, Infernape.
Best Fire pokemon EVER!!!!

Pokemon Black Name/FC
: Odin - 3696 9696 2718