Thread: [Gen V] Which Team Works Better?
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:47 AM
PikachuGuy
THOSE CHU'Z

Nature: Calm
In Gen IV and Gen V, both Garchomp and Salamence are Ubers. You can probably still use them in an OU match, though. Personally, if I had the choice, I would run Garchomp as the Physical beast and Salamence as a mixed beast. Use Mence because he has more Sp. Attack as well as more Attack than Nite, and more speed. I like the idea on the BoltBeam Starmie, I am considering running one. I'll post the movesets (That I recommend) below.

I have a Chomp and I use the Swords Dance moveset, and let me tell ya, he hits hard and fast. Use a Jolly nature, because you'll have more speed than Adamant. Adamant will hit harder, but you'll be slower. I say Jolly, because you have your speed, and then you can increase your attack with a SD.

Chompy @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Jolly nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

You could run Stone Edge over Fire Fang to hit things like Salamence and Nite, as well as bulky Ice types. And you could run Outrage over Dragon Claw, if you feel the extra power is needed. But from my experience, Dragon Claw will do just fine, and it's more reliable.

I see you want to run a MixedMence, use something like this

MixedMence @ Leftovers
Naive nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 126 Attack, 126 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

Outrage
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Draco Meteor

I figure you first use Draco Meteor for some damage, then your foe will think it's a special mence, and he'll probably switch to a special wall or something, then you can strike with Physical attacks.

Starmie is an absolute beast to use, with it's very respectable speed and great Sp. Attack, he can really put the pain and pressure on Dragons.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 Sp. Defense

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

You could run Hydro Pump over Surf, but it's a lot less reliable and has a lot less PP.

Side notes: You could run Dragonite because of it's bulk and massive Attack, actually my favorite Dragon out of all. I have one, and it is a freakin beast. If you want to run a Nite, here's a good set that I use personally, and it's great.

Physical Nite @ Leftovers
Adamant nature --- Jolly would work great too
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Other options include: Roost for healing, Dragon Claw for less power and more reliability, Extreme Speed for revenge kills, and Super Power for the Rock and Ice types (and Tyranitar).
My Trade Review: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318949

Last edited by PikachuGuy; November 20th, 2011 at 01:55 AM.