View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 100 Mega Shock View Post
The representation of Pokémon scale has improved with each new generation of sprite design. The bigger Pokémon have gotten larger and the smaller ones have stayed around the same size. This will obviously make the small Pokémon the easiest to modify.
Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but that gave me an idea.

Are Pokémon really improving in relative size to each other as each Generation goes on? No lol, take a look at this:

Let's say you're Red is now 6 feet tall (I'm 5'9 in real life, so I just round up to 6 feet). I'm 55 pixels tall. 55 pixels = 6 feet. 55/6 = 9.16666~. Lets round down, so let's say 1 foot is 9 pixels (it would actually be a teeny bit more, but who cares).

This is really how big the Pokémon are in relative size to each other. I looked at their heights on Bulbapedia and calculated how many pixels tall they should be, if 9 pixels = 1 foot, Red being about 6 feet. Now, Dragonair and Serperior are debatable, since it probably meant that Dragonair is 13 feet long, rather than it being 13 feet tall in a normal resting position, but it's funny if it meant they're actually that huge in a normal resting position. BUT, Infernape is really that tiny compared to Feraligatr. Infernape is 3'03, while Feraligatr is 7'07. Talk about serious ROFLMAO for Infernape.

A bit off-topic, but still interesting nonetheless.

EDIT: Here's some more Pokemon size comparisons:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3126/pokemonsize.png

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; November 25th, 2011 at 01:58 AM.