Old November 25th, 2011, 08:29 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Ahh so busy this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Haha, I won't do a bit of damage to any shiny at all! I'm always terrified that I'll faint it, so I just throw balls from the first move, "lol." I don't think I've ever actually used a move on a shiny other than a Sleep-inducer!
I keep a false swiper and usually also a sleeper on hand at all times for just such occasions. I even False Swiped Boldore because I didn't trust Sturdy ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber View Post
My charmander hunt is at 25,000 I've given up for a few months.
At that high a number, I worry you may be running into RNG issues. Is this a Fire Red starter? Try taking a few steps and re-saving every couple dozen SRs or so. You could also try breeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Yo1nK x View Post
I play FireRed on my GBA, I've only recently started "shiny hunting" first target being a shiny Articuno. I don't have the patience to tally up my soft resets but I can honestly say I've been trying at least for 3 hours a day for the last two weeks or so. No results yet but I really think a shiny Articuno would be worth the effort.
After I finally get Articuno, I'm most likely going to attempt to retrieve a shiny Moltres and a shiny Zapdos.
Wish me luck and happy hunting!
For Zapdos and Moltres, you could try running from them, walking onto a different screen and going back. This saves you the time of doing a full soft reset and guarantees the RNG is always in a different state each time.
It's harder to do with Articuno since it's buried so deep in the cave.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)