Thread: [Demo] Pokemon Lightning Yellow
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:09 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
Congratulations on getting moved to the showcase. Here are my comments for what you have so far:
[*]I've found the dialogue of some npcs and trainer battles to be pretty inaccurate compared to the real game. While it's a minor nitpick, it gets bad when you are travelling through virdian forest, where EVERY trainer says the same thing. It looks boring.
i think that was probably where i started using the yellow script. i get them changed to the official text

Quote:
[*]When I enter trainer battles, the background becomes black, while in wild battles the background shows. Also, while the animations of the pokemon seem impressive at first sight, some of the frames tend to glitch out. I also find it awkward that the animations stop at a weird-looking fram every time you select a move. I personally feel that this game doesn't even need the animations.
I'll have a look at why its not showing the background.
The animations themselves are fine, its rmxp/essentials thats causing the problem. I've been looking into getting the animations to play when they stop. It annoys me

Quote:
[*]The Pewter City Gym plays the same music as the town theme from the outside, it sort of ruins the feel of the Pokemon Gym. Even worse, the gym battle with Brock played the EXACT SAME MUSIC. It didn't even play the trainer battle music. It completely wrecked the intensity of the battle, fix it.
Thaks for the infio, i forgot to change the music before hand. That'll be sorted in the next release

Quote:
[*]You've got some transparency issues going on with the tiles of the Pokemon Center.
The inside tiles or outside. i knoow there is an issue with the shadoiw on the outside tikles

Quote:
This has a lot of potential, but it needs some polishing.
Thanks

Don't know what happened to the last thread, new one coming soon

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.