Thread: [Discussion] Sex.
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 08:26 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
As for children, I've always been of the opinion that we coddle them far too much. It gets to the point where we are sacrificing freedoms as adults to protect the innocence of children. If that's the price we are paying to 'protect' children against knowledge of something that need not necessarily be protected against at all, then it comes at much too high a cost. Children should be made aware of sex from a very young age, and I don't see why it should be any one group that makes them aware of it. Peers, teachers, guardians, media, I don't see what difference it makes.
Being aware of it is one thing. Education. The age and how much of the details they need to know is debatable.

But, if that other thread here on virginity is any indication, we've got kids doing the act apparently before hitting puberty. If you're still at the age of believing in Santa, you don't need to be having sex. I think they're too desensitized to it from the media. So, in that sense, I have no problem trying to protect the innocence of children. Otherwise, we're just asking for trouble.

Anyway, more in line with the actual topic... I like how Europe tends to be more "sex is okay, violence isn't" rather than North America, where its the opposite. I don't know how we got so uptight. But, with that said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocows View Post
Because it's a private matter and a generally disgusting topic. People talk about things based on their importance; people will talk about sex if there's a reason to. But as for your specific tastes, what sort of stuff you like, and all the other details? Keep those to yourself, please. I'd no rather hear that then the details of the last bowel movement you had.
I agree with that.

Last edited by TRIFORCE89; December 17th, 2011 at 08:31 AM.