Thread: Sex.
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011 (10:56 AM).
The Cuban Artist ~
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Castgurl
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I agree that sex is far more of a taboo than it should be. I think the fact that the act itself generally requires nudity for optimum results means that people often feel uncomfortable discussing it. I think if anything, the media is normalising the idea of sex rather than perpetuating the taboo, though it's reasonable to think that religion could play a part in it.

Very much so, I agree.

Personally, I make it a point to make sex as un-taboo as I possibly can. If you want to know anything about me, no matter how graphic, I will tell you straight up (of course, protecting the privacy of my partners who may not be as open-minded). I will even give sexual advice if you want it. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of anything I've done, nor should anybody else be. It is a perfectly normal act and it should be discussed in an open forum whenever people see fit.

As for children, I've always been of the opinion that we coddle them far too much. It gets to the point where we are sacrificing freedoms as adults to protect the innocence of children. If that's the price we are paying to 'protect' children against knowledge of something that need not necessarily be protected against at all, then it comes at much too high a cost. Children should be made aware of sex from a very young age, and I don't see why it should be any one group that makes them aware of it. Peers, teachers, guardians, media, I don't see what difference it makes.

True there; If the person doesn't want to know the details of what was cracking in your bedroom, then of course respect their view on the matter. But it's there, and shouldn't be kept completely in the closet (but not completely opened to everyone either)

Legal age of consent makes no sense to me either. There are 13 year olds (and even younger) the world over who are having sex and by doing that, breaking the law where no law has any business existing. Governments should not have the power to regulate our bodily functions or our relationships with each other. I say abolish legal age of consent laws altogether. Make laws to stop rape and paedophilia, but leave it there. If sex is consentual, it's fine.

Soo 20+ year olds can have sex with girls that look maaybe 15-16 but are in fact only 11 or 12 because it's their body and no one else including maybe family, parents shouldn't have a say in that?'s there for a reason and should stay. If that was my child....yeah, no need to say more.

Sex is mostly tabooed in religious groups, more than likely to somewhat scare or intimidate young teens/adults from performing the act until marriage and what not. It perfectly normal and shouldn't be portrayed in this manner. Yeah, it can go from great to freaking $h!t once a teen gets pregnant or an STD, but that's when the other part of it comes into play: communication. The "NO SEX UNTIL BLAH BA-BLAH" taught from school and even from parents are not going to work. As a poster on here stated, half of the freaking students in high schools are sexually active. Media, music...a lot of stuff fuels the urges and desires for it. What the school and parents can do is educate their children in safe and protected sex. Making them aware of both the good and bad sides of it. Now, if they're going to do that, or do their own thing is completely up to the person.

Anyway (sorry for babbling/going off topic a bit at the beginning.) I say children are a bit sheltered. But again, those are the years where they shouldn't know what the adult world is like. That's why they have their pre-teen and teen years. The child years should be spent as a normal kid. Let em be a kid. Of course they'll probably pick up on slang terms or even the actually sense of sex from peers or schools, but hey again, media, music, tv...we're the ones broadcasting that image on there, and they know how to pick up that good o' remote control and add in the curiosity and BLAM - it spreads.

Now to the Legal age of consent part.I'm glad that this exists. I understand that two people fall in love and blah blah blah, but like I stated above (and sorry, but that's my view from that comment.) Do we really want that going on? I sure don't. It's just like Penatrait said in a earlier post. Don't need to repeat it here on mine. The much younger folks (no disrespect for those around that age range here) just can't comprehend the complexities of not only the act itself but what and how they feel afterwards. And the same towards that person. They lose their innocence and more. We all do at some point, but sometimes, it should just be held off a bit longer. Again, it's there for a reason. I don't know about you, but I'm cool with it. 100%. And should remain that way.