View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM
KoolKat vs. Lucas
KoolKat Gold

Evil Arms: I'm using custom tileset, sort of gen-3/4-ish, but Gen 2 styled-maps will do fine once translated. I'll post the tileset ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
Actually, I think you are misunderstanding. First of all, I NEVER said YOU were the worst mapper, I specifically said that YOUR MAPS (note this is possessive) in that game looked awful. Please do not take constructive criticism as a personal attack, because with that game, many of the mistakes you made are not difficult to fix.

How was I rude in criticizing Talc? The game thread had flaws in terms of presentation, writing, and mapping, all of which can be fixed! The fact that you outright cancelled the project just because of one negative comment means you really need to develop a thicker skin. Again, you should not take criticism personally, you should use it to push yourself to make a better product.

On your team recruitment, what I was trying to say was that you should be more involved with your project than just beta testing and approving stuff. Yes, I KNOW spriting is a lot of work, I'm a spriter myself, but in the end, it's still YOUR project. As a matter of fact, people DO feel turned off if they think that they're doing the bulk of the work for someone else's project. I'm speaking from experience, here. I've seen many other projects within the indie-game scene that make the same mistakes as you are, so I'm trying to correct that.

Honestly, the fact that I'm the sole person who even gives you this harsh feedback should be something you can appreciate. I actually think YOUR IDEAS HAVE POTENTIAL, and I want you to become a better game maker.

EDIT: for you mapping request. I'm a little preoccupied at the moment, so sorry I can't take your offer. Thanks for asking, though.
About the "thicker skin" thing, I had it when I was making my MindCopper game, but you should also accept the fact that I am a bad enough mapper to begin with, but watch out, I can make a map that says: "This game was criticized by Ratty524" in tiles. And when I have time for that, my game will be alot better than most fangames. And the reason I took it "personally" was because, you can get pretty insulting, you should re-read your posts BEFORE posting them to make sure the criticism IS constructive. The way I see it:
Oooh- a new post! Hang on, it's by that annoying guy, better reply and tell him to stop being so annoying. The only thing that has anything to do with you that I look forward to is the release of PPC. Sorry if that sounded insulting. It's my absolutely true opinion.

Last edited by KoolKat vs. Lucas; December 20th, 2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.