View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Ayutac
Developer who wants your help

*while qouting seeing the "css-div="-tag* That explains everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
[Recruit] People
Only do this after you've started making your game. Why? Because it shows that you've put a lot of effort into it already, and are just looking for someone to touch things up. If you haven't done anything at all, and ask for people to do everything for you, that doesn't look good, and they will wonder why you're part of the team at all.

As a simple rule, the more you can show that you can do things yourself, the easier it will be to recruit someone else to help you with it. It seems strange, but it's true. We're all donating our skills here, and we'd much rather feel free to contribute as much or as little as we want rather than feel pressured into doing a lot of work. We're more likely to help out if we think we're easing your workload, and less likely to if we think you're just offloading it onto us because you can't be bothered to do it yourself or even learn how to.
*facepalm* I could kick myself for not thinking of that by myself before. Important hint, thank you very much!

By the way, I would suggest adding Ren'Py to your software list, because, besides not often used here, it's very effective to create Visual Novels and things like that, and because your Thread applies to any kind of games.