View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:08 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Unnecessary sarcasm is unnecessary.
My tone was sarcastic, admittedly, but the main point I was trying to make was that there clearly are issues with abolishing age of consent.

Quote:
You've missed the entire point of my post. What I was saying was that while I don't personally believe that sex is a complicated thing (and while teen pregnancy is a complex situation, it is somewhat separate to what I'm talking about), I understand that other people feel differently. However the point I was making was what does it matter what any of us think? Why do we think we have the right to make laws telling other people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies based on what we believe?
Don't know about what you think of your government as a whole, but I honestly think the U.S. (or many other first, even second world countries) government(s) knows better than "we" do. If you don't believe so, then that's fine with me.

Quote:
Also, the fact that 13-14 year olds giggle during an awkward class room environment where a teacher who nobody would want to think of in a sexual context is trying to teach you about sex does not necessarily mean that they are unprepared to handle the act itself. I think the giggling would be more to do with the awkward dynamic in the classroom rather than the inability to fathom what to do with the parts.
I'd imagine majority of humans wouldn't want to do something that feels awkward. Furthermore, I think the age of consent law right now is fine as is, because I think it'll help (teenage pregnancies, etc.) more than hurt (I guess... some that want hot teen action?). If you disagree, then I guess you could conduct a world census to see if the world thinks age of consent is unnecessary, and if majority agrees, show the results to your country's Supreme Court to have the age of consent law revoked, if you really want age of consent to go away.

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; December 31st, 2011 at 05:19 PM.