View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Ayutac
Developer who wants your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
I never said that Roy picked from the same Pokemon though did I.
Ah, right xD
Quote:
I was thinking he would start with the same Pokemon no matter what you pick. I am still not sure what that will be.
Hm… You know, starters have their purpose. In R&B your choose generally sets the difficulty. Bulbasaur made everything relative easy, you defeated first and second gym with ease. The only real challenge was the seventh gym with fire Pokemon. Oh, and the fifth because bulbasaur and family are secondary poison types. Charamander gives you trouble at the start, first and second gym were pain and unless you have Charizard the ground types from Giovanni will be a pain too. And if you were very tough, you chose Squirtle. First gym is easy. Second gym sucks, third gym sucks, fourth gym sucks. And no matter what you did choose, your rival got the better one.
In Yellow your rival got his eevee. Depending on how much you sucked against him he envolves it. When you loose all the time, he will get vaporeon and it will be easier for you. If you win all the time, he gets jolteon and your Pikachu can't do much against it.

To sum it up, I think rival should at least be have the better starter, uninteresting how he got it. The game needs to force the player to try, right? ^^

Quote:
Ps. Are you any good at spriting? If so I would love your help!
I can't created anything out of nothing. But I think working with existing sprites is not that much difficult but a lot of work, when doing a lot of sprites. (Experienced sprites may call me an arrogant idiot and are free to correct me.) So I see myself capable of doing that, but it's not what I usually do and I don't really have an interest for that. I'm a programmer.

PS: I would approve FR/LG design.