View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012 (12:41 PM).
This armor... I hate it

Kivir Sveenis

Kivir had been about useless during the rescue due to his wounds, and all he was able to do was throw a few seed bombs or use Spore on a few ancients. He had tried fighting once he was freed, but ended up only complicating his wounds and broken limbs when he tried punching an enemy. So the best he could do was force himself to run under extreme amounts of pain resulting from having a broken leg and several broken toes. His tormentors seemed to have enjoyed the sound of breaking bones, because Kivir had at least 12 bones across his body broken. Thankfully even without an ability to heal himself he had some skills with herbs and medicines once he had access to some so he could relieve his pain and help his wounds heal.

Because of his lack of connection with the destroyed town, the Breloom was not as emotional as the others around him, but seeing all the death, especially the signs of brutality done to some of the dead, up close for the first time was shocking to the Breloom. Guilt and dismay for not acting sooner and joining the fight, before the Silver Tribe took control, filled Kivir’s mind. Had he acted soon would he have been able to save many of these people? He quickly shut such thoughts in the back of his mind and locked them away. That was the past and cannot be changed; now all that matters is the future. He focused his train of thought and concentration on the task at hand and what he needed to be doing now. He was suddenly was jarred from his thoughts by a loud roar.

Looking up he could see several of the Gold Tribe members gathered around, but his wounds made him unable to join them before they dispersed and began searching the ruins for supplies. Zane’s announcement and the enthusiastic looks on the faces of the Gold Tribe members peaked Kivir’s curiosity and he asked a close by Alpha Alliance member what had made such a sudden change in moral. Hearing the excided warrior’s words only brought questions and caution in Kivir’s mind. Unlike the Gold Tribe and Alpha Alliance members, this news did not lift Kivir’s heart, but instead brought questions to his mind.
After grabbing a few supplies he quickly followed after the Gold Tribe’s leader and despite his many wounds he was able to reach the leader before anyone else. Limping up to Zane, Kivir bowed his head in respect and said in a calm and confident voice, “First off I am Kivir Sveenis and thank you for rescuing me from the prison. I come before you because I believe this course of action you are taking is a mistake. I feel like more patience should be applied and the situation carefully analyzed for two main reasons. First is the fact that the note was left in the open like that… how do we know the note came from the General and if it did come from the General, how do we know that the enemy did not read it as well? If the enemy knows or created this plan is it not possible that the note will lead us to our deaths?

Second I feel the plan was made in frustration and anger and even if the gathering itself is not a trap it could be the wrong move. Even when the Gold Tribe and Alpha Alliance were at full strength and had the advantage of the defensive position, the Silver Tribe destroyed both forces and took over the land. So what hope does a shattered force of remaining Gold Tribe and Alpha Alliance members have in defeating a superior enemy who has the defensive advantage? I am missing many facts and knowledge about this war, but from what I have seen and heard I feel like this decision is a rash one made in anger and frustration at losing this foothold.”

The Breloom then stopped talking and bowed again as he stepped back to give the leader space to think and to signify he was done talking.