Thread: [Gen V] Please Rate My Team!
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
If you're gonna use Dragonite, you need to use Multiscale as it's by far the best ability to use on it (plus you have Icicle Crash on your Mamo so I'm assuming Gen V anyway). If you don't have access to Multiscale (which you probably could get - plenty of people should have it around forums and such) then Dragonite is otherwise an inferior Salamence. :(

I think if you want to have an annoying Serperior set you might want to ditch the TrickScarf part and rather go with a SubCoil set with Glare. You boost Serperior's defenses while paralyzing everything and phazing them with Dragon Tail, spreading paralysis really easily which is always helpful for any team. You could try out the set:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Substitute
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Glare

If you have any trouble with other movesets or want to test something new out, don't be afraid to post!
Is all that investment in SPE really necessary? Serperior runs base 113, paralysis, and the only attacking move you propose has -6 priority. Might be nice to pull off +50% DEF on the fly to soak up more of an attack, or summon a Sub, but it also lacks recovery to abuse the SPE. After you're set up and done Parashuffling, you're pretty much not using that SPE stat anyway.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.