Thread: LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Keratin Version
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2012 (03:35 AM).
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by Mothman:
Well, when this is complete, I'll be sure to play it for a long time! Snakewood is fun, and I haven't finished it yet, so that just shows the amount of work you put into these hacks.
Thanks. I hope this will surpass Snakewood, because this time around I'm taking extreme measures to prevent the occurrence of game-breaking glitches.

Quote originally posted by teejermiester:
I do like the idea of five different endings, as long as they are followed by five different storylines. I don't just want to choose my path at the end of the game.
There are five different storylines, yes. The game starts with a choice between working for Ork or for the Rockets, and if you choose to work for Ork then you have the option of defecting to other gangs at various points: to Bad Sofa at the Beach Festival, to the ICG in the mountains or to the Voltmeisters in Voltaire City's Industrial District. The five stories all relate to each other, and things that you would have done in one storyline effect those in others. Reading that last sentence back, I realise that it's supremely confusing, but I won't reword it because I like the mystery.

Quote originally posted by Speedster:
This looks good. If you do get new types in without deleting old ones I'd like to see. I like Light and sound. I'm on the edge about Nuclear (maybe virus?) and Beauty doesn't sound all to good. The idea of 5 different endings sounds cool. Everything sounds good. Keep it up!
The types don't overwrite any old ones. Light and Sound are the two most common ones. Nuclear is used solely for one or two hidden Pokémon, so you don't have to even come across it in-game if you don't want to, and as for Beauty... Well, I can't say too much about it, but I'm actually obliged to include it.

Quote originally posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ:
It would have been nice if you stuck to Ruby, so it can have the same feel as snakewood, with all the tiles and such.But still if this hack is as good as snakewood, it won't matter what the hack looks like. :D
Ruby... eh, I got bored with Ruby. Besides, this doesn't have that much to do with Snakewood - that's why it's a sort-of sequel and not an actual sequel. The only things they have in common are a few recurring characters. There's Usher, for one, and... well, I'm sure you could guess the rest.

Quote originally posted by ChaosSonic:
The Cutlerine is back with a new hack...

I definitely see the story as the biggie here. And if it's anything like Snakewood, I'm going to be playing this for hours on end

(Happy) New Year to you, Cutlerine.
Happy New Year to you, too. Yes, the aim of this game is more to use the Pokémon game mechanics to facilitate a story, rather than tell a story in order to give a reason to the game mechanics. I can't promise quite as much insanity as in Snakewood (I have to plan the story out in advance because of the connecting storylines, so I can't make things up as I go along) but I'll try and keep the same spirit.

Quote originally posted by Ettadara:
Oh god yay. I totally cannot wait for the first beta. Or hell, the finished product. :D
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
This looks good, I also like the fact that you decided to go with Leaf Green instead of Fire Red, not many of those out there.
Yeah, I have an irrational fear of FireRed, because my early hacks were all built on FireRed and all died to horrific glitches that I created. So, now that I'm bored with Ruby, I decided to switch to LeafGreen rather than FireRed.

Quote originally posted by chrunch:
Looks great! I loved Snakewood, so I'm looking forward to this. Are you going to release in alphas and betas this time or just complete then release it, like what you did with Snakewood? Good luck! :D
It won't be fully complete when I release it, but the first release will definitely include at least half of the story for at least half of the storylines. I've got the first third of the Rocket, Ork and Bad Sofa lines complete, so I know that I should be able to do it. Although scripting five concurrent storylines does sometimes make me feel like my brain's about to explode.

Quote originally posted by hinkage:
This looks okay (maps could use some work; at least they're original this time) but I'm doing a sequel game too.

It'll have SIX different storylines.

And it won't be named after dead skin cells.

So there.
Keratin is actually not dead skin cells. It's a structural protein that occurs in fibres, which fuse to form filaments that can then be further fused into strong sheets and wires. It does occur in the outer layer of human skin, but only as a support within the cells rather than as a cell itself. It is also the main component of nails, hair, feathers and scales, and is the substance from which rhinoceros horns are made.

And you're free to make whatever you want, although if it's a sequel game to Snakewood then it would be nice if you asked me first.

Quote originally posted by AustinWolff:
sounds cool to me. I wonder if it'll be even harder than snakewood
I'm not sure. It'll certainly be interesting, if nothing else.

Quote originally posted by gvgisdi:
Five different storylines? That sounds awesome. Looks like it will be the first hack I'll play. :D
Well, maybe not. It's going to take a while, especially considering all the other things I'm trying to do at the same time.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.