View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Sorry i haven't posted in a while. Skyrim and Dark Souls are taking over my life. To address a few things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnForgiven* View Post
Nice Digimon hack out there! i will be waiting for this!
and maybe i can help in scripting mapping and spriting
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyakaChan View Post
I love digimon so I will follow this hack, if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I can map and give ideas
If either of you could make a Devimon sprite, I would really appreciate it. I have the scripts ready for him, I just need the sprite. Also read the last bit of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
I have a question about how you inserted your backsprites into the game. What tool did you use. I have a tool that I used to edit the backsprites, but it made it glitchy.

Sorry for not asking this in my first reply, but I also have a question on how you changed the names of the moves that the pokemon have. Like pepperbreath for instance, how did you change that from lets say ember?
For the backsprites, I inserted them using Advanced Sprite Editor. When you say they came out "glitchy", do you mean the colors for the backsprite were different than the front? If so you need to make the palettes match up. I suggest Graphics Gale to edit sprites and change palettes.

For the moves, I'm using A-Tack. Double click a move to change the name. You can also do this with hex editing, A-Tack is just more convenient. Also keep in mind that the length of the attack's name can only be 16 characters long, which is a bit of a bummer for the digimon hack since most attacks are longer than that.

I need everyone's help here. I need suggestions for attacks. Keep in mind that they will be using the same animations as whatever attack they may replace, but I can change power, attack, type, effect, etc. easily. I just need to know the information. I'll put all suggestions in a list with their stats and indicate what move they're replacing once the list is big enough.

I thought I might be able to release the digivolution beta before christmas, but I couldn't. There are too many things missing, so you'll have to wait a bit longer. I realized that the stats of each digimon don't correspond as they should, so I have to change them all after I add the rest of the sprites. Then I have to change the moves. Then I have to change the digivice order. When that's all said and done I'll release the digivolution beta and start on the story. There's a lot left to do with only 82/356 sprites inserted, some of which aren't completely finished.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.