View Single Post
Old Posted January 12th, 2012 (02:54 PM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

I find role-playing as canon characters to be . . . completely stupid. I would think that some people might completely ruin their character, as well. D:

Like me? This is true, but that's why people "voicetest" their characters and ask others for help. Besides, playing a canon character gives you a chance to play out shippings that are in no way canon and develop relationships with favorite characters (or characters you never knew existed) from other worlds :P And if you feel that a certain character is a lot like you, then all the better reason to play them!

Also, with OCs you need to either draw them, get somebody to draw them (and give that person credit, of course), or use a PB, a.k.a. an already existing character from animanga/video games. After all, different expressions are everything. Not only that, but you need to come up with a background for them. Which is especially hard in LJRP because you don't have a prompt to base their background around like you do in forum RPs. And, as already said various times, you have to make sure they aren't Sues/Stus.