Thread: [Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising
View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012 (11:50 AM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Atomic Reactor:
Where is that from? The official games? They never did have a strong point in the plot department lol. (except like... the newer ones, i liked that plot)

Yeah, I understand that he's a bad guy, but I feel like going the direct approach about it isn't the best idea. I mean, in movies and history, the bad guy never came out and said "I'm evil and want to do evil things" Most of the time, the real good stories have decent guys, with good intentions, but only for themselves.

Idk what I'm trying to say here... Just that I don't think he should be so direct about being evil... Just my opinion, not that it really matters ha.
Yeah it's from the official games. Regardless though, I do see where you're coming from. Though it isn't just a "I want to be powerful and evil person", there is the whole idea that King feels that he deserves to be the monarch. And so, he was someone who began small, but the more he engrossed himself in his family history the more he began to become frustrated and annoyed with how the last king was dethroned.

It's pretty hard to get across too much about 1 character in games like this, the screen is also quite small. But I do think that there is enough motive for him to be the antagonist. If you feel that the motive is too direct, you could take a look over the entire storyline here. However, I think I will revise that section of the thread and clarify things a little.

I see what you're saying, but I honestly do think if I tried to get across more motives and history within the game, I'd end up flooding people with text in it also.

| | |