View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2012 (1:10 AM).
Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Crystal Tier
Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Quote originally posted by Montgomery:
I saw some fans from Barcelona holding boards that say "Barcelona beat Spain". I was seriously dumbfounded. I am aware of the whole Catalan independence, but taking this into this game seems a little irrelevant. Does it convey a political message, or do the Catalans suffer from superiority complex?
They kind of do, or at least a sizeable amount of them. It's a running gag in clásicos though, Madrid supporters chant "**** Barça and **** Catalonia", and Catalans chant "Catalonia is not Spain" or derivatives.

Also the referee was the most hideous thing ever. He could have sent off four people (Lass before half-time, he booked Casillas instead ¿?; Pepe, Alves and Busquets)... and instead sends off Ramos for god-knows-what. I just cannot understand it.

Madrid was fairly superior but Barcelona had an incredibly good aim. Now I wonder what would have happened if Madrid had played like this last week instead of gifting Barça the match. Will Mourinho ever learn, or will he keep his tactics until a desaster like this forces him to actually tell his players to -gasp- play football?
You got lost, lost through the night
It's no loss, you'll be alright
Tell me you'll feel better
When you're sleeping through the day
And I'll tell you how you missed it
When you wake

Formerly a super mod