View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2012 (01:10 AM).
Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Quote originally posted by Montgomery:
I saw some fans from Barcelona holding boards that say "Barcelona beat Spain". I was seriously dumbfounded. I am aware of the whole Catalan independence, but taking this into this game seems a little irrelevant. Does it convey a political message, or do the Catalans suffer from superiority complex?
They kind of do, or at least a sizeable amount of them. It's a running gag in clásicos though, Madrid supporters chant "**** Barça and **** Catalonia", and Catalans chant "Catalonia is not Spain" or derivatives.

Also the referee was the most hideous thing ever. He could have sent off four people (Lass before half-time, he booked Casillas instead ¿?; Pepe, Alves and Busquets)... and instead sends off Ramos for god-knows-what. I just cannot understand it.

Madrid was fairly superior but Barcelona had an incredibly good aim. Now I wonder what would have happened if Madrid had played like this last week instead of gifting Barça the match. Will Mourinho ever learn, or will he keep his tactics until a desaster like this forces him to actually tell his players to -gasp- play football?
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him
If he can't see them, oh

Formerly a super mod