View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2012 (11:41 PM). Edited February 6th, 2012 by Quto.

Nature: Lonely
As the dawn came into light. Shadoan rushed downstairs to the lobby where the trainers were gathering at the front. The vendors were no longer in the hotel and have moved out into the region. The mountains of food that was placed on the table was now deserted, and the room of Pokemon food was left bare.

The old captain Shadoan had met came to the lobby, standing atop of the soap box. "QUIET!" He shouted with a firm voice that shook the room. The trainers came to a sudden silence as they paid their attention to the captain. "For the trainers who have come to this years tournament; the Earth and Sky: Battle Royale, I will now address you with the rules and warnings!" He released from a poke ball in his pocket, a black scaled Gyarados that loomed over the room. "Rule one, do not conduct your survival battles in this town for any purpose. Those caught fighting will be disqualified from Earth and Sky for life and their badge components will be distributed amongst other trainers at random all over the world. For those leaving Lethia to conduct survival battles in jhoto, unova, where ever you go, this rule applies to every town out there in those regions as well. We have agents and eyes where we need them, so don't think you won't get caught. Rule two, you will not kill another trainer and his or her Pokemon for the sake of obtaining the completion of your badge, the current elites are watching this island for such behavior and dispose of any culprit who attempts to do so to the authorities. Rule three, attempting to steal badge pieces from your opponents is not entirely acceptable, we will not stop you from such thefts, but be aware that you will not grow from the experience. This league is setup for survival and to become stronger while attempting to fight for the one wish to be granted, if you do not fight for your badges; then you will not survive your first rounds when you arrive to the finals." He pauses a moment to pull out a map and open it to the whole crowd.

"Rule four is to survive out there anyway possible. Lethia is filled with pokemon who are very territorial, so proceed lightly at risk. If you lack knowledge of what to eat or what to find, the poke mart here sells survival guide books based on Lethia. That book is also the only item the vendors should give to you freely if you visit them." He puts his map away and pulls out an old tobacco pipe, lighting it. "Last minute notes before you leave out into the world. Your cellphones, pokegears, radios and other devices are usable out here until 8 o' clock when the radio tower closes down for the night, if you have family you want to call or want the time to relax, do it before then. GPS systems are useless here in Lethia, the mountain environment in the region are magnetized to throw those machines off course so you will need a physical map which you can get from me or the mart here in town. The only reason your radios and other machines will work is because of the radio tower here that connects to the world out there, so don't monkey around when using anything that deals with the tower. Finally, if anyone has not yet noticed, your poke balls are currently locked. The league has requested the manager at the radio tower to broadcast a signal that irritates pokemon, your pokemon will not come out when you order them upon casting them. The signal only covers the town and 10 meters into the forest, you will be able to release them then when you reach beyond that distance. Your pokemon are still currently fine and unharmed, even with the signal broadcasting. The signal goes live after I finish my speech and will end at 12 P.M. on the dot. This signal will only broadcast for today and today only, so feel free to bring your pokemon back in or out of their balls if they need medical treatment or if you need to talk to them afterwards."

He takes a deep breath as he recalls his Gyarados. "Finally, your league badge is composed of 15 components. If you lose all your pieces, you can buy more from the vendors or you can leave the tournament and re-enter next year. If you can't handle the pressure, sell or give your components to another trainer. If you have human friends in the tournament, join up with them in an alliance or team if able, the more of you together, the better chances you have to live, just be aware that when you make it to the final rounds that you will be fighting one another. Don't let that fight break you apart, for that they may be the only people you hold dear to yourself along with your pokemon, stay strong together if you can. My final words are that I pray for your safety and that each of you may make it to the finals alive. Your league badges will point the way to the finals as soon as you complete them. The elite are waiting for you..... Good luck and GOOD HUNTING!" With that, the old captain walks outside and a very faint noise could be heard. A trainer tried to call out his pokemon once he stepped outside, but the Pokemon stayed in its ball. "Rapidash?" The trainer called, checking his pokeball. The Pokemon refused to come out.

Walking out, Shadoan looked about and sighed. "I guess I should have brought someone with me..."
He pulls out a small note book to write down what he knew about the tournament and the region.

Quote originally posted by Quto:
Lethia:
-Radios and cell phones work until 8 P.M. evening
-Pokemon here can be territorial.
-League is very watchful

League:
-Don't kill anyone (No duh)
-Don't steal badge parts?
-Don't conduct badge battles in local towns
-Need 15 badge pieces.
-Make friends.