View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

I'm glad somebody made a thread like this, I've got a few!
  • When walking into a solid object, the player just stands still versus having their sprite walking forward in that direction but not moving. There's a reason they put this in the official games; it's basically a psychological effect. It makes the player feel like they're moving forward and not too confined, even when not being able to actually move forward.
  • When using a healing item on a Pokemon, the HP bar doesn't animate. It just jumps to the new health value.
  • There's a sound for fleeing, but it's never used when actually fleeing.*
  • There's no sound for the EXP bar rising.
  • The pokemon storage system has no sounds for interactions. (The PC itself does, though.)
  • There's no sound for purchasing an item.
  • There's no shadow under the player when jumping off a ledge.
  • There's no 'ping' sound for each pokeball when a trainer battle starts and the pokeballs showing the pokemon count move across the screen.
  • There's no 'battle overlays'. (ie. the bits of grass and water droplets that fly across on screen when a battle starts)
  • The surfing sprites cycled through the 'walking' animations for the charset when sitting idle in the games.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Some are pretty obscure and petty, but they're still missing from the official games. These are just some I've noticed from FireRed and LeafGreen. Not even going to say anything about the 4th generation because that wouldn't be a fair assessment since this new version is being worked on (and I don't agree with the switch.)

There's also a lot of sound related ones, and I recognize that it's probably not the focus, but if someone could script these, I could probably rip the sounds myself.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!