• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't have the patience for that. I barely have the patience to get this Dratini in Gold to level 20, let alone 30. lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^That's why I pop those babies in the Daycare, get on my bike, and travel up and down from Goldenrod to the Route over and over again. Especially if I'm using an emulator. Super speed + Bike = VERY fast level up. It's really helpful in challenges and whatnot.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
^That's why I pop those babies in the Daycare, get on my bike, and travel up and down from Goldenrod to the Route over and over again. Especially if I'm using an emulator. Super speed + Bike = VERY fast level up. It's really helpful in challenges and whatnot.
Don't really know why I don't try this. I guess most challenges are easy enough without bike grinding for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Don't really know why I don't try this. I guess most challenges are easy enough without bike grinding for me.
I really only do it for Pokemon with a slow experience rate. Other than that I'll train off of Tentacool/cruel. Miltank and Tauros are beautiful for it, too.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I've done this a once before. It was the only thing I could do while I was at school, with my laptop screen at an unseeable angle, with my keys on the arrows going back and forth while listening to the teacher. You just have to be careful to make sure that a move that you want doesn't get taught over in the older gens.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I've done this a once before. It was the only thing I could do while I was at school, with my laptop screen at an unseeable angle, with my keys on the arrows going back and forth while listening to the teacher. You just have to be careful to make sure that a move that you want doesn't get taught over in the older gens.
Ugh, that's the most annoying part. Having to go to their moves, switch them around to the moves I don't care about them losing, going back a few levels later, take them out, switch moves again, rinse, repeat...
It got annoying. But once I sat for ten minutes with my emulator on hyper speed for yellow, and my Lapras grew fifty levels. So it was pretty boss.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But moneyyy. :( Unless you're doing this in post game, then sure, that's fine. But money is hard to come by, especially in GSC it seems. Then again, I was scraping for coins and blowing my money constantly...lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
But moneyyy. :( Unless you're doing this in post game, then sure, that's fine. But money is hard to come by, especially in GSC it seems. Then again, I was scraping for coins and blowing my money constantly...lol
I never bought anything until I reached Goldenrod anyway, so I'd usually have around 15k. :'D
So i had plenty to spare for a few levels. But yeah, unless you do what i did, money is always hard for those games. Everybody is poor in Johto.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I usually buy an Abra from the game corner (200 coins, = 4,000) and the three punches (3,000 each), so I have 13,000 total, but then I backtrack and beat all the trainers between Ilex Forest and Goldenrod, as well as the trainers between National Park and Goldenrod. SO I'm sure I'd have another 2K at least from all that.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I know what you mean about the money. Though it's only really a concern when you buy things from the Game Corner, those darn TMs in G/S/C and Dratini in R/B.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
At least we're not working on buying Porygon in Red. trololol. :( Also guys, I have one more team for the Hall of Fame challenge. ONE. MORE. TEAM. I don't know whether to be happy or sad, haha. I guess if I get sad, I could start doing that for a different region... v_v And torture myself further.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I have seen several people posting their runs so...

~Hot n' Cold~'s Ultimate Pokémon Challenge Run
List of Challenges
- The Tier Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Ones That Got Away
Spoiler:

- The Random Pokémon Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Nuzlocke Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Character Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Ultimate Monotype Challenge
Spoiler:

- Combined Pokémon Solo Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Ultimate Speed Run Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Grinding Challenge
Spoiler:

- R/B/Y Ultimate No Catch Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Favorite Challenge V2
Spoiler:

- You Don't Have Enough Balls Challenge
Spoiler:

- PokéDex Rotation Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Born Again Christian Challenge
Spoiler:

- The One-in-Each Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Duo-Species Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Limited Progression Challenge
Spoiler:

- The Life Orb Challenge
Spoiler:

- Paul's Training Method
Spoiler:

- Smeargle's Hut ~ Monocolor Challenge
Spoiler:

- Pokémon Expert Emerald PokéDex Completion Challenge
Spoiler:

- Pokémon Hall of Fame Challenge [Complete All Games
Spoiler:

- Shiny Pokémon Challenge
Spoiler:

- Different Kind of Hall of Fame Challenge [have every single Pokémon "Hall of Famed"]
Spoiler:

Current Challenges
- Smeargle's Hut MonoColor Challenge [LeafGreen, Purple]
- Shiny Pokémon Challenge

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
I kind off need a challenge which I can play against somebody, although not a very complicated one, counting everything. Any ideas? :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2018
hello,

i am about to start a suicide challenge in pokemon silver( my gbc is broken, so ill us an emulator instead)
has anybody tried this? any tips?
(i can't read the whole thread)
also, should i record my progress? if yes, how?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
FANOFFIRESTARTERS and I are going to race in completing the original 151 fully evolve solo challenges. You could always do something like that; find a challenge you like, find someone that's about to do it, and say "hey, wanna race?"

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
FANOFFIRESTARTERS and I are going to race in completing the original 151 fully evolve solo challenges. You could always do something like that; find a challenge you like, find someone that's about to do it, and say "hey, wanna race?"
Hey, you and I did something like that for monotypes, didn't we? and then you dropped out T_T.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey, you and I did something like that for monotypes, didn't we? and then you dropped out T_T.
Yeah, yeah. DPPt/BW is just too boring for me. I did great on the first three gens though! I think I'd like this one better, because the games are shorter (and can be sped easier). I'll finish the monos someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back