View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave of shaggy View Post
An alternative to the Let's Play series could be just Long Plays. this will allow people who is shy about their voices and do not have the software or knowlege about recording commentary to allow them to put their videos up.

taken from wikipedia :
A longplay is a play-through of a video game, created with the intent of completing it as fully as possible, mainly for the purposes of nostalgia, preservation, and possibly as a walkthrough. Also, for people unable or unwilling to play a certain game, yet wish to know and experience its story, a longplay can be viewed simply as a long digitally animated movie. Unlike speedruns, there is no time constraint aside from those imposed by bandwidth/filesize concerns.

The defining characteristic of a longplay is that few shortcuts, if any, are taken to finish the game. Dull moments may be ultimately edited out of the final video, and sidequests may be ignored, but in general every task necessary to reach the end is to be recorded, including cutscenes.

Another suggestion could be having pokemon community website make it own youtube accoutn to showcase all the let's play videos and other videos .
OMG you ninja'd me when I was typing up my post! XD

Thank you for the reply. I actually like the idea of the Youtube account. I will have to look into it and see how feasible it is to create and run.

Members are more than happy to create a longplay, but maybe including it in the beginners guide and what it is. So thanks for reminding me about it! :3

EDIT:

Thanks for your comments Cello, I like hearing your comments! :)
I will certainly take them into account! :D