View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2012 (8:13 PM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
When I came out to my parents, I had to make sure that I had my head right around it and I made absolutely sure I was not stressed about it in the slightest. I did it in the most flippant way possible. I didn't sit them down and say "I need to tell you something", I just said it off-hand in a conversation so they didn't get the opportunity to make a big deal out of it. They still tried of course, but I shot them down immediately.
Yeah, that's more or less what I was trying to do originally. I hung out with them all valentine's day expecting him to mention my lack of a girlfriend at some point, and I'd intentionally talk myself into a corner, so it seems like I'm not intentionally coming out. Obviously, no one ever mentioned it, even though almost every show we watched that night had some mention of gays, and one of them even had a father think his son was coming out to him when he really wasn't. (Which was just a joke, since it was a comedy, but still.)

I even watched two episodes of Smash, even though I barely know who Marilyn Monroe is, nor do I have any interest in theater, and they didn't suspect that there was possibly some other reason that I was spending time with them.