Old February 15th, 2012, 09:18 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
The one thing I learned form my experience is that people will only see what they want to see. I was so sure before I came out that my parents already knew I was gay. I was an 18 year old boy who had never ever had a girlfriend, much less even shown interest in a girl, and I voluntarily watched Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. The fact that my mother hints constantly to my sister that she needs to find a boyfriend and never even approached the subject of me finding a girlfriend made me think "heyyy... yeah they totally know." So when I flippantly told them, I honestly wasn't expecting much of a reaction.

But they had no freaking clue whatsoever. Apparently despite the 83 clues I'd left them, the fact that I wasn't effeminate in my mannerisms or speech apparently made it impossible to figure out. So yeah, I'm not surprised that they picked up on none of your clues lol.
Well, I'm a 20 year old guy who's never showed any interest in girls, lol. I've even been asked out a few times, and turned them down every time. Then again, I've always used to say "Games are more fun than girls." when someone asked me why I didn't have a girlfriend, which was entirely true at the time, so I suppose they don't have any reason to think otherwise at this point.

My mom does already know as far as I know though. (Unless she forgot or something. I can't honestly tell. lol) I told her not to tell my dad because I wanted to do it myself, and then just never did. I decided that it didn't matter enough, and if he ever actually asked me, I would tell him. For some reason, I just feel like I need to now though. I don't know why.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon