View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:38 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
God, I need to post in here more. >< I can never seem to find something to say that hasn't already been said before, but when I do, I feel like I start to ramble. So I shall put my rambling in spoilers.

But first, a belated welcome to [Snivy Baroque] from another random member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
^I know whatcha mean. I was going to wait to tell my dad, but I was just afraid that I would get caught doing something, and a scene would break out. I told him, and everything was fine. If your parents love you, then they will accept you ^.^
I can't say anything about acceptance from one's parents unless they're fairly open-minded (darn you, lucky people here with tolerant parents!); you're more likely to get acceptance from any siblings you may have, since they've likely seen most of the same things you have.

Spoiler:
I haven't personally come out to my family (though my older brother found out and, in spite of his Christianity, supports it as part of me and hasn't told anyone), but my little brother one day just told our parents and everyone else that he was gay. (It was just last year, him being 14 at the time.) Since our mom has a gay aunt (and I think this helped a little), she decided to leave what happens to him to God, but both she and our dad try to avoid having to admit to anyone that he's gay.

Granted (and I honestly agree with them a little on this), because of his age, they think it's likely a phase. He brought up the topic almost completely at random (but failed to keep it from being serious), and he acts with little knowledge of the community. It really just feels like he's exploring right now, and until another year or so passes without any changes (when he's 16-18 and he's actually thinking more with his head than his curiosity, as per the majority of my family's off-topic experiences), I doubt that feeling will change. But exploring is just fine with me; and if he comes to realize he's not gay? Our parents will probably be overjoyed, considering their aforementioned reaction.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.