View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I wish our server was up so we could all like... battle, lol.

Either way I had an idea while I was rating a team, and I'm pretty sure none of you are active enough/intend to go ahead with the tournament idea or idk? We'll see. ;x BUT YEAH. As I was saying, how about a clan build a team thing? We all contribute something to it, I start off w/ one Pokemon, then ya'll add attacks, moves, and so on, then we can all ladder w/ it at Smogon or whatever! :3 SO yes or no?

Also added that sprite etc.
That concept won't work out too well in my opinion. As you add other Pokemon to the team, it will be necessary to revisit the old Pokemon and re-evaluate them. You can't just build one Pokemon at a time individually and slap them together in a team. Like, the basic concept of the team or strategy needs to be in your mind before you start building. Otherwise you'll just end up with a bunch of Pokemon that won't be able to work to their full potential together. It's kinda like if I asked you guys to help build my a YGO deck by adding your own stuff to my deck. Then I go to play test it and I end up with like triple Judgment Dragon with no Lightsworn monsters in the graveyard, cause we didn't add any to the deck. What good does that do me?

IF ONLY I COULD SACK LIKE YOU DO.

I propose the following. Declare the basic strategy of the team from the get go and then we can each try to implement our ideas into the team, taking note that we will have to re-evaluate the team during the building process as new ideas are considered and such.