View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
But that involves me putting in more effort. Ah well, guess it can't be helped. Play style should also be determined from the get go. As requested I'll lead things off then. I didn't want to go with this team idea because it's one of the toughest to build effectively but maybe we as a clan can get it to work. I have tried to build this team by myself but success has eluded my grasp. Let's see what we can accomplish together then. Alright so the team I have in mind is one that focuses on abusing the effects of the move Gravity. For those who do not know, Gravity has three effects which I will outline here.

-Evasion is decreased by 40% for all Pokemon in play. That means any attack which has an accuracy of at least 60% will now have 100% and hit without fail.

-Moves such as Fly, Bounce, Magnet Rise and Hi Jump Kick cannot be used while Gravity is in effect.

-All Pokemon become vulnerable to Ground type attacks as well as Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Full details can be found here.

The idea of a Gravity team is to abuse these effects as much as possible. So having attacking Pokemon with high powered, low accuracy moves is a good idea. Also having a trap layer and spinner is a good plan of action too. And finally a Pokemon to fire off powerful Earthquakes is something to look into.

I'll lead off the team with this;

Starmie @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder / Rapid Spin / Recover
- Blizzard / Rapid Spin / Recover
- Gravity / Rapid Spin / Recover

Starmie is solid in a Gravity team. It can use Rapid Spin to aid the team and it can fire off powerful attacks under Gravity too. A versatile Pokemon which is pretty much a must have for this team as far as I am concerned.