Thread: FireRed hack: Cubone and the Power Crystal
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. This pleases me to no end! :D I love it! The entire concept of a 'microhack' (let's see if that sticks) is pretty awesome, and I think you have a valid point when you say:

And this certainly looks cool. The story hints at something amazing, and the screens, though they don't give all that much away, certainly look promising. Keep up the awesomeness Haroun, great job so far buddy :)
Haha, I'm glad you like it. Thanks :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbles View Post
Great idea, i was thinkin of doing the same thing justbased on the pokemon movies, but i never got around to it :) good luck mate u got my support.
oh i think the destroyed deck looks cool as.
Nice! Of course, there's nothing stopping you doing those movie hacks too :D Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Oh wow, this thread went up fast :P

Anyway, I know this hack is in its early stages, but it definitely looks like it is on the right track. Like gira I also like the idea of a 'microhack' where you can just have some fun for an hour or two with a short game. Anyway, are you going to be sticking with the default tiles for the entire game or will you also add some more to make it look a bit more like a jungle? I like the fact that you also recognise that Cubone is a feature unto itself.

Anyway, keep on broin' it up with this hack :P
Thanks broseph. I'm definitely adding some custom FR tiles but I'm not really gonna bother too much with a whole new graphical style because I'm lazy.

Anyway:

Update!

A few screenshots from the first dungeon: when you step on the green buttons, it will open any green doors and close any pink doors. Stepping on the pink buttons with close any green doors and open any pink doors. The idea is to get the key in the chest and proceed onto the next level, to eventually beat the boss and miniboss.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; March 6th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.