View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2012 (07:27 PM).
Decon082
Beginning Trainer

So I'm kinda new to scripting. And by "kinda new", I mean completely new. I have the concepts down, and I'm working on a storyline before I even begin to start writing script.

Two questions. Both related to event scripting. I searched for both, and neither were answered very well.

1. So, you know the "grayscale" palette that's used during the flashbacks of what you did before your last save? Well, is there any way to use that while events are going on? Such as, to show a flashback sequence? I'd like to know if it's possible and how difficult it would be, so I can alter my storyline a bit as to not include that part.

2. How would you go about making the camera warp to a different map to show an event that's happening at the same time in a different location? My idea is that once the player enters the cave for the first time, the camera will warp to a different location while the screen fades out, and an event will be shown all the way across the map, and then the player will regain control back in the cave. I know there's a command to do this, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Any tips would be appreciated.