View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Complete Edit: I decided to delete my previous post, and ask something else instead
Oh wow, you guys are quite a few calibers above me...I feel sort of insignificant, but I guess I'll post my ideas.

Anyway, I'd like to implement a very dynamic script in my game...Basically, I wanted to allow myself to release events for my game. But instead of being limited to whatever I choose at the time, and avoiding releasing a new patch every time I wanted to do an event, I decided to make a spot in my game with a person that asks for a series of codes. These codes would be released by me, and the script would take the codes hex values, arrange them as necessary, do some checks to make sure the player isn't just mashing buttons, and "build" a completely custom Pokemon. This would allow me to easily decide an event, calculate the code, and release it in a post.

But my problem is that I need a keyboard to pop up, in order to enter the code. I've decided on two approaches:

The easy way would be to edit the mail input to take easy chat words and convert them into code. This would be good, since there are so many words, and I assume each is a byte value. But it's somewhat unprofessional.

The hard way would be to recreate the "nickname" keyboard. I wouldn't know whats involved, but I know emerald has one for Walda...could we port it over.

Aw man, I made my post immensely long for no reason again ._. Sorry, and thanks for the help!

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...